Friday 22 April 2016

Evaluation Q2: Distribution and Audience

To talk about my audience I created a radio show.




A Vodcast where I talk about distribution of my media film.



I have looked at real distribution company's that might pick up my movie for distribution. When researching distribution company's I looked for company's that had previously distributed low-budget movies, horror movie, cinema releases worldwide. The distribution company that I think might agree to distribute my movie is Stage 6 Films. Stage 6 Films have distributed movies such as "The Boondock Saints 2" (2009), "Moon" (2009) and "Insidious: Chapter 3" (2015).

Stage 6 Films usually distributes in america but sometimes distributes worldwide in all media forms. These movies dont usually follow the gant rule even though some of these movies have some know actors such as Rose Byrne, Norman Reedus, and Kevin Spacey. Seeing as I have Chloe Moretz in my cast I think this is a good fit.

The chances of being picked up by someone like the Big 6 is very unlickly seeing as they usually distribute high budget movies with A,B list actors and well know directors, all though there has been exceptions such as "The Purge" (2013)(Universal Studios) and "Saw" (2004)(Warner Bros) which where both big box office successes and in the Horror genre. Iven so the chance of this happening is very small. 

1 comment:

  1. DISTRRIBUTION: You could use your blogged work on exam examples much more; get more into budgets-box office; companies (you really should come up with a specific company to distribute your film). Break down some examples: production choices that made them more/less likely to gain distribution (limited or wide) - genre/s, cast, franchise, setting etc; self-distribution +_ digitisation really important too. Be clear on implicati8ons of being Indie. Explain 'big 6' and whether you'd be likely to be picked up by them

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be moderated before being posted.